The Final was published as No. 6 of Six Pieces d'Orgue. It is dedicated to Monsieur Lefébure-Wély, organist of La Madeleine from 1847 to 1858 and then of St Sulpice from 1863 to 1869. In 1859 Lefébure-Wély and Franck together inaugurated the new Cavaillé-Coll organ at Ste Clothilde.
This is a monaural recording. It was made at the Odeon in Cincinnati, Ohio, in 1953.
Wayne Fisher taught organ for many years at the Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music of the University of Cincinnati, and served as chairman of the organ department.